Tuesday, November 25, 2008


Quote
When an archer is shooting for nothing, he has all his skill. If he shoots for a brass buckle, he is already nervous. If he shoots for a prize of gold, he goes blind or sees two targets -- He is out of his mind! His skill has not changed. But the prize divides him. He cares. He thinks more of winning than of shooting-- And the need to win drains him of power. (19:4, p. 158)
Unquote

The art of Non-doing is very subtle.
Non-doing is not merely a lack of activity but an energy experience of stillness

____________________________________________________________________
Now , the name of the blog mite or mite not amuse you much ,
But the word itself popped up from nowhere from a book ---

I don know how much of you – practice opening a book – randomly and see what it tells you at that precise moment….

Every moment is magical in this universe….. As I type these words, As you will or mite lay your eyes on these verses, when that happens- a fleeting moment passes by.

Now .....

It has passed.. :-)

Now, For that particular moment to take place – just imagine for a minute, what are the things that have to be in place for that moment to occur? Rite from our parents --- to --- location--- to how we had known each other--- how I have come across or we have shared our lives with each other---- my penning down of this thoughts --- accumulating to this very moment..

Is it bizarre? Surreal ? coincidence?

So I do practice this of random adventure with books…

That too is bizarre --- if we see … Author, publisher , book in my hands, at that precise moment --- and when I lay my eyes on this page, the whole existence has accumulated to this precise moment and it showed me the word Zazen..

The Book was about ‘ Intelligence ‘ by Osho.
&
Reflexions is ‘thoughts’ in French.
Now the quotations would have given you an idea of Non-doing . Yeah , that’s what is all about – just sitting and doing nothing… The word ‘ Zen ’ arises from this very word ZAZEN…..

What fascinated me, is that logic of it…..
Let me share the same with you all --- word by word……….
It is as if a stream has become murky ….. what do you do ? what anyone will do ?

Do we jump in the stream and start helping the stream to be clear?
We will make it more murky / muddy.

We will simply sit on the bank.

We will wait.

There is nothing to be done. Because whatsoever we do, it will make it more muddy.

Now, watch indifferently. Just patience is needed. The mud will start settling , because it cannot hang on forever.

After a while, suddenly we will become aware, the stream in crystal clear again…..

Non movement should be the only movement ..

But, He adds on, if you begin with ‘ just sitting ’ you are certainly will go insane..
Knowledge is not always good; It must unfold itself slowly as your capacity to absorb it – grows.

Now , With a mad dance , you can become aware of the silent point within. But with sitting silently you will become aware of your madness. The opposite is always the point of awareness.

He adds on , You begin with something active—something alive --- moving to stillness

I laid my eyes on these verses ---- as a result of random adventure- the very day I wanted to start a blog to write down my thoughts………..
:-)
Now—what more appropriate blog title I can look for, Its time to start something active – pen down my thoughts --- Start doing opposite --- to reach silence .. Now even I wonder will I ever stop writing these blogs… :-)



Lov,



No comments: